Subscribe to RSS feed

Sunday, April 17, 2011

17 Weeks Pt. 2

I would like to start by bragging about how great I feel.

I think 15 weeks of feeling ill gives me the right to gloat.

I feel FANTASTIC!! There, I'm done now :)

Things that have happened this week (in no particular order):
1) My sister came for a visit with my Godson CiarĂ¡n
2) I went to the Babytime show
3) Got my car repaired
4) Went to brunch with my sister-in-law who is expecting at the end of April

As you might have read, my sister had her 3rd child in January and I've had the luxury of seeing her more often. We live about 45 minutes from each other so usually we only see each other a couple times a month. Me being a homebody and her caring for 3 kids is usually the reason for our rare get togethers. Now that we're both not working and winter is subsiding, it's much easier to find time to do sister stuff. Mostly hang out and talk or window shop. I've really been enjoying it.

One evening this week Paul decided to go to Blockbuster with Pauly. A father and son outing he called it. When he got home he asked me if I had noticed anything weird going on with the Element. I said no and he told me there was a grinding noise coming from the brakes. I said I thought it was the usual noise you hear after the car has been sitting in the rain. He told me that it's the same noise but the rain wasn't causing it this time. He suspected the caliper was seizing. And as you would expect, I was not happy. Mostly because I had repaired this exact problem on the Tiburon less than a year before we traded it in. So I took the Element to the mechanic as it was too big a job for Paul to do on his own. The diagnosis was not only that the caliper that needed to be replaced but also the brakes and rotors. $$$ So the money I had been saving for a Dyson vacuum was relocated to the Element fund along with extra cash that would have been better spent on the new baby. C'est la vie.

As a consequence of not having a vehicle, I missed going to the Babytime show with my sister-in-law and mother-in-law. It was something I had really wanted to do since I wasn't able to attend last years baby show. So instead I kept myself busy until I heard back from the auto shop. By mid afternoon I had my car back, in working order but it was too late to meet the girls at the show. So instead I called up my sis to ask her to join me the following day. She unfortunately couldn't make it and I ended up going to the Babytime show with Pauly. A mom and son outing I'll call it! It was what you'd expect. Lots of vendors selling products or services and handing out samples. I spent a good portion of the late morning and early afternoon there and collected a giant goody bag of free stuff.

The next day was a little more slow paced. I left Pauly with daddy at headed off to brunch with my sister-in-law and a bunch of her family and friends. She is due at the very end of April with her second son and thought it would be nice to have one more get together before he arrived. It was also as expected. Good conversation over good food. There was only one thing that went wrong...I didn't bring a gift. I have a gift for the little one. It's gift wrapped and waiting for his arrival but I never thought to bring it with me. So while my sister-in-law opened gifts I sat there, wanting to kick myself in the ass for not thinking that maybe, just maybe gifts would be a part of this brunch. At least she can look forward to opening one more gift when her son finally decides it's to time meet his parents.

This week my lil' bean is now the size of a small pomegranate. The skeleton is starting to change from soft cartilage to bone and the umbilical cord is growing and getting stronger and thicker. My lil' bean has also started to put on a little bit of fat. He/she will take the next several months to gain the body fat needed to maintain their body temperature when they are born. I can't wait to get another look at this little person growing inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment