Subscribe to RSS feed

Sunday, April 10, 2011

16 Weeks Pt. 2

This week contained a wide variety of feelings. At first I was feeling nervous. Then I was feeling tired. Followed closely be sickly, tired (again) and finally amazing. Here's why...

Tuesday I had my appointment with the midwife where I was expecting results from my blood work and ultrasound. You always hope for the best but never know until the day arrives. Happily I can announce my glucose is low and iron is high. As for the scan, everything looks normal. Yippee! And I'm officially due on September 22, 2011

Being tired is a mandatory part of your first trimester but for some reason it poured into my second. It might of had something to do with having a cold and caring for a 9 month old baby who just doesn't want to sit still. I'd been trying to take it easy but there were times where I had to dig deep for that last ounce of energy in order to do those unavoidable things like feed the dog and myself!
My cold started out as a runny nose and escalated to congestion three or four days later. I was using Vicks successfully for a few days and thought I was getting better but I wasn't. One day I woke up and my nose was stuffy, my throat hurt and my head was pounding. The midwife informed me of what I could take to ease some of my symptoms and I promptly went home to slept while my mom watched Pauly. I decided instead to head out in the morning to deal with it. When I got up, I felt better. No headache, congestion or soar throat. Very strange. And that's when it all ended. Since Wednesday I haven't felt sick at all. And to top it all off, the weather was amazing this weekend. I even took Pauly to the park for the first time. Boy did he love the swing. I'll have to make it a routine when the weather is good.



This week my lil' bean has grown to be the size of an avocado, about 4 1/2 inches long. He/she is dancing around and probably sucking their fingers or toes, and playing with the umbilical cord. The head is now being held more upright and the neck is very developed. The eyes are still moving under the lids and the ears are almost in their permanent position. The heart is working to pump 25 quarts of blood every day and this will only increase as he/she grows. There is a growth spurt expected for the next few weeks and my lil' bean will be doubling his/her weight. As of now I am feeling great and hope it stays this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment