Subscribe to RSS feed

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

First Vacation

Last week was Paul's first vacation. At 6 weeks old, we spent a week with my in-laws at a cottage in Blue Mountain. And I must admit, it was tones of fun. We went hiking and shopping and we visited family that lives in the area. The weather was mostly good except for one scorching hot day and one rainy day. Fortunately we were able to beat the heat poolside and the rain was only around on the day we had to leave.

All in all, it went really well considering how Paul has been acting in the last few weeks. For the first 3 weeks of his life, Paul was a great baby. He only cried when he was hungry, when we changed his diaper, and the first few times he had a bath. Once he was in his fourth week, things changed. He started crying more often and for what appeared to be no reason. It wasn't colic but either way a crying infant is no fun to deal with. It took me a while but I finally found a routine that kept him settled, if not completely quiet. Taking him out of this routine made me a little uneasy because I didn't know how he would take it. I decided to go and, I knew my in-laws would be there to help out if Paul was being too fussy. It all went so well that I would do it again in a heartbeat.




Now that I'm back, the old routine has kicked in. The difference...I can't play hot potato with Paul anymore! I also took some pictures with my mother-in-laws camera that I'd like to share. I just have to wait until she sends them to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment