Subscribe to RSS feed

Thursday, December 3, 2009

12 Weeks

I've almost reached another milestone in my pregnancy. At the end of this week my first trimester will be over and as far as I can tell, no bad news to report. I've got my first ultrasound next week and I'm really excited about it.

Another exciting moment for me was my trip to the local Salvation Army. I wasn't looking for anything in particular but thought I might come across some treasures. And I use the word "treasures" quite loosely. Anyways, I found two books that I knew I wasn't leaving behind, especially since they were 25cents each! The first was "Our bodies, Ourselves Pregnancy and Birth" written by a collection of women regarded as The Boston Women's Health Book Collective. They even have a website. The second book was "Baby Bargains" written by Denise & Alan Fields. Now this one was from 2005 but at least I can get a good understanding of what's out there and if it's worth buying an updated copy. I had gone to Indigo and saw a few books I wanted but I didn't really want to spend all that money. And besides, most of the books I was looking at were available at the library. I think I'll stick to borrowing books unless I feel I have to have it, or if I find them for a good price.
My lil' bean is now the size of a lime and squirming about. The placenta has now taken over the production of progesterone which doesn't really affect me since I wasn't taking any form of supplements. He/she can now make a fist and put it's little thumb in it's mouth. The ears are now in place and the eyes are at the front of the head, although still far apart. My lil' bean is looking more and more human each week!

No comments:

Post a Comment