Subscribe to RSS feed

Sunday, November 8, 2009

8 Weeks

Another week has gone by and there's only one major thing to report. My winter wardrobe is almost nonexistent. I'm left with a few pairs of jeans, short-sleeved shirts that are visibly snug but still fit and a few hoodies. Whoever said you don't gain any weight in the first couple of months is full of shit. And the weird thing is I haven't really added and extra meals. I've cut out a lot of stuff like caffeine, sweets, and most of the junk food I used to eat. Although I have been drinking a lot more milk & water throughout the day. Well anyways, my point is I've added about 1 1/2 inches in my waist in the last 8 weeks. It would be fine if people knew I was pregnant but they don't. I'll just have to deal with it for the next month or so.
In the mean time, the good news is that my lil' bean is now the size of a kidney bean and acting like a jumping bean. Although I can't feel it yet he/she is moving around. There's knees & elbows and little webbed fingers & toes growing out of those paddles from last week. The nerve cells in the brain are beginning to connect and the face actually looks like a face now, on a giant head of course.

I'm feeling OK, no major changes from last week. I still get nauseous throughout the day and fatigue is still a problem, although it has gotten a little better. I've learned to take it easy if I'm tired and to rest when I can.
I'll be seeing the midwife in 10 days for my first prenatal visit and I'm excited for that. I think I'll start a list of questions to ask her because I'll probably end up forgetting them if I don't. The baby excitement is growing with every week that passes and it's getting harder to hold it in. Once or twice a week P will ask me if I'm getting excited and my response is always yes. I can't speak for P but I think he feels the same. The other morning I woke up to him rubbing my belly and it was great. I know there will be lots more belly rubbing to come but the thought of there being a baby there is so unreal at times. Mom is definitely a word that's going to take on new meaning to me and one that's going to need some getting used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment