Subscribe to RSS feed

Saturday, October 24, 2009

6 Weeks

This week has certainly been a lot different than last week. My lil' bean is now the size of a peppercorn and it's sucking up all my energy. I can barely make it through a day at work without wanting to take a nap after lunch. I try to eat small meals more frequently so I don't get lethargic but it doesn't always help. Then there's the short bouts of nausea that seem to affect me at the worst of times. Although I have yet to make a dash to the bathroom, feeling like I might isn't fun. And my last complaint is that I'm starting to gain weight. Wether it's from water retention or actual baby weight, I'm not sure. And of course it's not a lot of weight but my pants are starting to feel a little snug and my button down shirts now have a peek-a-boo hole. I wonder if anyone else is going to notice?

On a different note, I've decided to see a midwife instead of staying with my GP. It was something I was always curious about and since I've had a lot of time to think, read and listen to podcasts, it seems like the obvious choice for me. I'm planning on making an appointment next week and I'm really curious to see how it will go. I especially like the fact that the midwives are 15 minutes from me while the doctors office is 35 minutes. Yay for short commutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment