Subscribe to RSS feed

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

It's The End of the Summer...

Dear Blogosphere,

I know I have been absent for quite some time now.  I'm sorry for that.  
I have been a busy mom enjoying the summer with my family.  I know you'll understand when I say that sitting in front of a computer ends up being the last thing I have time for, even though I do enjoy sharing with you all.

As I sit here and try to remember all the sensational events that came about this summer, my mind begins to wander.  I start thinking about what I want to do before the days get shorter, nights longer, and the winter chill cripples my sense of outdoor adventure.

Carpe Diem.  Not always easy to accomplish but in the process of trying, I've definitely become more self aware and appreciative (you can read my posts about it here and here).

So, when I'm tired and it seems like the day will never be done, I try to remember what the poet Horace writes in his famous ode:

Ask not - we cannot know - what ends the gods have set.
How much better to endure whatever comes, 
wether Jupiter grants us additional winters
or wether this is our last.
Be wise, and since life is brief,
Seize the day! putting as little trust as possible in tomorrow.

So here's some of what my family and I did this summer... in no particular order:
-went to the drive-in
-saw our first "Movies in the Park"
-checked out the Halton Radial Railway
-went swimming at the beach
-went apple picking
-visited the Science Centre
-ate lots of ice cream
-went for walks and bike rides
-had a great time at Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park
-celebrated birthdays
-watched the Canada Day fireworks
-cooled off in the splash pad
-visited the Acton Fall Fair

And although many of you have already seen pics of our fabulous adventures, here's a few more that I just can't keep to myself.

Thanks for sticking with me,
Sandra













 



 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment