Subscribe to RSS feed

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Growing A Family

The word is out... Pauly's going to be a big brother.
That's right, our second 'lil bean is on the way.

I'm 13 weeks along and feeling good. Which is a change from the beginning of my first trimester. Things didn't go as smoothly as my first pregnancy. This time I was way more tired and the nausea was sooo much worse. But I hung in there and made it out in one piece! And of course I couldn't have done it without my better half. There were a few days where I couldn't even get out of bed and he was so wonderful to take on the roles of mom and dad simultaneously. I really don't know how single parents do it. Even on the best of days I sometimes find myself relieved that a second pair of hands are so close by.

I've seen my midwife and things are looking good. We've got a strong heartbeat, good blood pressure and a pretty little bump. People weren't kidding when they say you start showing sooner the second time around. I only made it to 11 weeks before I needed to start wearing maternity clothes. Of course they are still a little big but there was no way I was squeezing into my regular jeans anymore. It was just too uncomfortable.

I also had my nuchal translucency ultrasound and blood work done last week. I'm still waiting for results but as always, no news is usually good news. I'll know for sure when I see the midwife again. The technician had a little bit of a hard time getting some measurements because our 'lil bean was lying on his/her stomach and our pictures weren't as good as Pauly's but here's a little peek anyways.

This one is of his/her face


Here's a little foot!

I'm feeling a lot more too. My belly aches and I've already started getting hip pain every once in a while. I just hope things don't get too much worse. I had it great the first time around so hopefully this pregnancy won't be too different.

Since I am going back to my previous posts to find out how my 'lil bean is growing, I'll just cut and past that info that way you won't have to! So...at 13 weeks my lil' bean is about 3.5 inches crown to rump, about the size of a medium shrimp. The liver is now secreting bile and the pancreas, insulin. He/she can smile now and there are 20 teeth under those gums. The hands have started to open and close and the toes can now curl. The sucking reflex has started and no doubt he/she will start sucking his/her thumb. With that comes the swallowing of amniotic fluid and he/she is passing it in their urine. Vocal cords have started to develop along with finger and footprints. The eyes are starting to move closer together and the ears are practically in the right spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment