Subscribe to RSS feed

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Nephew #3

Yesterday I got a call from my mom telling me that she was on her way to my sister's house to babysit her 2 kids. I knew instantaneously that my sis was in labour. Which of course my mom confirmed, and I was sure it would only be a few hours before I found out if I had a new nephew or niece (my sister was made for birthing babies).

As predicted, the second phone call came 2.5 hours later from the new mama to tell me my nephew had arrived. My heart was filled with joy and it suddenly brought me back to the day Pauly was born. It's always exciting to have a new baby arrive but I think until you have one of your own, you can't really appreciate the rush of emotions that come with seeing and holding your new son or daughter.

So today, after lunch, I packed up the necessities and Pauly and I went to see the little angel. He was just adorable. And I'd forgotten how small a newborn really is. I held him in my arms and once again it brought me back to June 18, 2010. A little piece of heaven...that's what babies are. He was beginning to stir and started sticking his tongue out so I reluctantly handed him back in case he was hungry. After a few moments I wanted to hold him again but I couldn't disregard the fact that my own son needed me. So I sat and chatted with them for a while. Every so often getting up to show Pauly his new cousin.

So congrats to my big sis and I'm wishing her all the best and sending all my love. I can't wait to see the little angel again.

And...I get to become an aunt all over again in a few months.

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."
-- Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment