Subscribe to RSS feed

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Time...Where Are You?

I can't believe how fast Paul is growing. Not just in size but in strength and actions. Last week carried a few firsts for my little man. He had his first bath in the "big boy" tub. With mommy of course. In the baby tub he really hated being held with one hand while I tried to bathe him. He'd made it loud and clear by crying, and pushing against the bottom of the little tub with his feet. This not only caused him to be extra slippery, but his noggin banged against the back. So out of the small tub and into the big one. I am glade to report that I haven't had a crying baby in the bath for a few days! He seems to enjoy floating in the water and if he gets anxious, I just bring him close and he feels safe again.


He has also officially discovered his hands. In the past few weeks he has slowly learned how to put his hands in his mouth but, now he reaches for his toys...and puts them in his mouth. He enjoys lying on the floor with me while I offer him toys. He examines them with his eyes, reaches for them, and tries to eat them. It's sooooo much fun. And it's not just toys he tries to grab. Diaper changes have become a little more challenging. He now tries to grab his ummm....his diaper area. It's hilarious. At first I thought he was going for his feet but his hands haven't made it that far yet. Or his feet haven't made it that far up.


Paul can now also roll from his back. He's still perfecting it but, he rolls onto his side. Not as cute as the junk grab but I'm happy to see him move about.


And finally, Paul can now be propped up in the corner of the couch. He loves it! I've tried his Bumbo a few times but his head is still a little wobbly and I'm afraid he's going to lunge back and hurt himself. But I'm sure he'll grow into it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment