Subscribe to RSS feed

Sunday, June 13, 2010

39 Weeks

Almost there! I can't believe I'm going to be a mommy soon. I thought I'd be a little nervous or anxious this close to my due date but I'm actually quite relaxed. I'm sure not being at work has lots to do with it! I think most people would rather keep their minds on work at a time like this but not me. I'm actually happy thinking about what loose ends I can tie up at home. And there really isn't much. Not anything too important anyways. The nursery is finished but Paul still needs to paint and hang the doors. I did all the laundry for the lil' bean this week and put it all away. He's got a great variety of sizes and I guess I'll just buy more as I need it. I've got his bag all packed and I started working on mine. I've got some lists from the midwives that I'll have to review but the most important stuff is ready to go.

This week at my midwife appointment I got two pieces of good news. The first is that I'm GBS negative! Woohoo. I was hoping for no IV and so far so good. The second is that my lil' bean is engaged. Now I know that he could be this way for a while, but it still means that he's getting ready for the big day. Otherwise, all things are normal and looking good. What else could I ask for at this time?

I also picked up my carrier this week. I had been looking at a few different styles and Paul & I decided on a BabyHawk. It's great and I hope we get good use out of it. I'm planning on using it for the first little while instead of a stroller. Not to mention that baby wearing is supposed to be a great thing for your infant. If you'd like to hear more about it you can listen to, or watch this PregTASTIC episode.

This week my lil' bean is probably 20 inches long and weighs a little over 7 pounds, about the size of a mini watermelon. There's not much to report other than he's still growing and the top layer of skin is sloughing off as new skin forms underneath. The dead skin will be swallowed and become part of the meconium building in his bowels. One more week to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment