Subscribe to RSS feed

Friday, June 4, 2010

38 Weeks

This has been another good week, in many different ways. I'll start with work and the "surprise" baby shower. A few weeks ago I found out that Gail had put together a small baby shower for me. I wasn't expecting anything fancy, and it was simple. What I didn't expect was how generous everyone was. I thought I'd receive a few small gifts but instead I got a gift card with a substantial balance. Not to mention a delicious cake. Of the 6 years I've been working at SGS, I have been the only pregnant employee. And I've been one of three who have had children. I wasn't expecting so much and really appreciated what they did for me.

The day after that was my last day of work. I was supposed to go back for another week but since my feet were swelling so much I decided to start my vacation a week sooner than planned. It wasn't a problem with HR and was such a relief for me. My last day was uneventful, boring and ended at 10pm instead of 11:30pm. It was kind of surreal, having to clean out my locker knowing that I wasn't going to be back for a whole year. After I drove away from the building, things really started to settle in. It wasn't a bad thing at all but only different. It didn't feel like an ending, but more like someone hit a giant pause button in my life. It didn't take me long to get back to normal though. By the time I got home, I was feeling happy, and quite elated.

I started my first two weeks of vacation by celebrating Damien's 30th birthday. His wife, Karan held a surprise party for him now because they're going to be in BC for his actual birthday. It had been a while since we had all hung out and was a welcoming change. The day was nice & sunny but not too hot and the food was great. It was a great way to spend my Saturday afternoon.

Then on Sunday was my baby shower. Another day of festivities with good food and great people. It was fun seeing all the kids playing together and I couldn't help but think that my lil' bean would become part of it soon. I also received so many gifts that it took me a few days to organize it all. I'm well equipped and have tones of laundry to do!

Not to worry though, I had lots of time to catch up since I didn't have to go back to work on Monday. It was great. I got up late and made coffee for Paul & I. After Paul left for work I sat down in front of the TV (with my feet up) and watched a few episodes of Gilmore Girls. That's right...I said it. I'm addicted to Gilmore Girls. After that I had a nap then had an early dinner or late lunch, which ever suits you better. Thought about laundry but didn't do it. Read for a while and before I knew it Paul was home. I know everyday won't be like this but I'm still lovin' the time off.

I bet my lil' bean is lovin' it too. All this relaxing is great and what's good for mama is good for baby. Right now he's about as long as a leek - 19.5 inches, and should weigh just under 7 pounds. My little man is growing quickly and I can feel it! There's not much else to report as he is fully formed and full term.

No comments:

Post a Comment