Subscribe to RSS feed

Thursday, July 7, 2011

29 Weeks Pt. 2

What a busy few weeks I've had. To start (in no particular order)...my little man is now a whole year old. We had a great time celebrating his first birthday and the weather was fantastic. We took the kids to the splash pad and I couldn't believe how much Pauly loved it. After some fun in the sun we all headed back to the house for lunch, Birthday cake and presents. It was amazing to see all the kids playing together.


Loving the splash pad

Another big event is my return to work. I really don't know where the time went. It just seems like yesterday that I was sleeping in a hospital bed with my newborn son next to me. Anyways, it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. In my mind I was picturing long days, too much overtime and a whole lot of me missing the little man. It actually was somewhat comforting to be back to my regular routine. Don't get me wrong...I missed my son A LOT. But being around adults and having adult conversations was refreshing. That being said, I can't wait to be off again :)

This summer has also started great. We've done a few family outings and I've loved every one. There was Pioneer Village for father's day, Springridge farm, strawberry picking and the zoo.

Happy Daddy's Day

My first pony ride
Off to the strawberry patches

Waiting in line at the zoo


And now for my lil' bean. This week he/she weighs 2 1/2 pounds, about the same as a butternut squash, and is 15 inches long. The bones are fully developed but will stay malleable in order to get through the birth canal. The lungs are maturing along with muscles and of course he/she is still gaining fat. The head is also getting bigger to accommodate the growing brain. Only 11 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment