Subscribe to RSS feed

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

As Christmas Approaches...

On Saturday Pauly turned 6 months old and it got me thinking of all that's happened in the past year. It feels like he has always been a part of my life and to remember a time that he wasn't sleeping in my arms is like a dream. It's hard to believe that at this time last year I was telling my family about my pregnancy. And for this, Christmas will always hold a special place in my heart.

The holidays have always brought me memories of my childhood but my journey has changed course. It will now be about the memories I will leave with my son. Of traditions I will share with him and ones we will start. I know it will be some time before he can remember these Christmas' but there will be lots of pictures to reminisce about.

All the presents are bought and wrapped. They are just waiting to be enjoyed. I would have loved to place them under the tree but the thought of our dog chewing them has led me to do the untraditional. They are perched upon the table next to the tree.

And every day that passes leads to a growing excitement of Paul's First Christmas. What a joy it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment