Subscribe to RSS feed

Thursday, May 6, 2010

33 Weeks

So this week was not too entertaining. I suppose I'll start with my visit to the midwife. I saw Cindy again and had some great conversations with her. We went through the GBS screening and she left me with a handout so I could make a decision on wether or not to have the test done. My vitals are good and the best news is that my fundal height is normal, measuring 33 weeks. She took some blood to test for anemia. I don't think there will be a problem since I'm not showing any signs of it. I should have results when I go back in 2 weeks.

I'm getting really close to having the room for the new office empty. There's a few items that Paul needs to put in the shed so I can finish with it. Then after that I'll be able to start emptying the baby room. I know it's getting down to the wire but what can I say? The lil' bean's not sleeping in his own room for the first little while so I've been procrastinating.

And while I've been pacing myself, Paul's been super busy with the upstairs bathroom. It was original to the house and I can happily say it no longer exists. All the fixtures are gone and the guest room closet is now part of the bathroom. We still need to change the plumbing and electrical and then we can start putting it back together. There's a lot of work still left to be done but Paul's been working on it every night and we've got my father-in-law's help almost every weekend. It just sucks having to go downstairs in the middle of the night to use the toilette!

Paul & I went shopping over the weekend and something unusual happened. He came home with a bunch of stuff and I came home with nothing. And the oddest thing about it is that he bought a pair of running shoes. I know that doesn't sound too unusual but Paul hasn't owned a pair of running shoes in years. I've tried to tell him that they are good to have around but he's never listened...until now. He even brought his dress shoes when we went camping last year. But anyways, he is now the proud owner of sneaks with skulls on them.

And since one good turn doesn't always deserve another, I'm sad to say that my car was violated over the weekend. When my father-in-law showed up Sunday morning he was surprised to find my driver side door open. I'm sure I had accidentally left the car unlocked and someone had gone through my stuff overnight. Luckily, this isn't the first time my car has been broken into and I know better than to leave valuables in there. So whoever thought they'd find something was dead wrong. There was nothing missing and nothing broken. The best outcome for the situation. And then life goes on.

This week my lil' bean weighs about as much as a pineapple, a little over 4 pounds, and is just over 19 inches long. He can listen, feel and see and is still gaining fat. He isn't changing much except for his size and will soon be in my arms. Only 7 more weeks to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment