Subscribe to RSS feed

Thursday, March 11, 2010

26 Weeks

Another week, and another post, mostly uneventful. I'm still feeling good and there hasn't been any problems to report. Braxton hicks can appear around 26 weeks but I haven't felt them yet. My lil' bean is still moving around a lot and he's getting stronger. With all that growth though, comes the disappearing belly button! My innie will soon become an outtie. It's not the best look for me but probably unavoidable.

I've been reviewing doula's and have a couple to interview this week. I'm looking foreword to meeting all of them and hope it's what I expected. I know it's going to be hard choosing only one because they all seem like extraordinary women. I should be hiring one within the month.

Speaking of which, I'm coming to the end of my second trimester. In a few weeks I'll officially be in the third trimester which means I'll only have 3 more months to go. It may sound like a long time now but it isn't really. I've been keeping watch for symptoms of preterm labor and haven't noticed any. I try not to stress about it but it helps to know that if I were to deliver at 26 weeks, my baby would have a 80 - 90% chance of survival.

This past week my lil' bean has grown to be the length of an English Hothouse Cucumber. His hearing is also more developed now that the network of nerves in the ear have grown. He's still putting on fat and practising his breathing by swallowing amniotic fluid. This way, when he's done baking, he'll know exactly how to draw air into his little lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment