Subscribe to RSS feed

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

22 Weeks

I think I'm going to start with the most exciting news. Paul & I went for our anatomy ultrasound this week. Luckily our lil' bean decided to co-opreate and we can proudly announce...."It's A Boy!"


Yep, another Paul Jr. It was so unreal seeing our son on the screen again. He had his hands by his head and his legs were all stretched out. He would curl them and kick them out. We got another good look at his heart. And when the sonographer showed us a close up of his face, we saw his mouth opening and closing as he swallowed amniotic fluid. He's got a perfectly round head, which he gets from his dad. I can't wait to meet him.

There didn't seem to be anything wrong but we won't know for sure until we see the midwife again. And that won't be for another 10 days or so. First we'll be relaxing, away from it all for a week! And it couldn't come any sooner. We booked a cottage in Wiarton and we're leaving this Sunday. I plan on having the wood burning stove going all week and enjoying time off with my baby daddy!

And of course my legs could use the rest. I stand all day at work and by the end of it my feet and legs are so tired. It's worse at the beginning of the week because of the weekend backlog. I usually find time to sit mid-week until Friday. I can only imagine what it's going to be like at 30 or 35 weeks. I'll just have to make time to rest my legs. The last thing I want is varicose veins.

The thing that's really surprised me is the dreams I've been having. I was never the kind of person to remember my dreams so I assumed they weren't very eventful, but that's changed. I'm now having vivid dreams that I remember when I get up in the morning. And they're so weird sometimes. It's actually kind of fun to wake up and wonder what was going on in my head during the night.
At 22 weeks my lil' bean is the size of a spaghetti squash and weighs a whole pound. His brain and nerve endings are developed enough that he is now experiencing the sense of touch. He may be stroking his face or playing with the umbilical cord! His eyes are developed except for the pigment of his iris. And if you could see him, he'd have deep wrinkles waiting to be filled with a layer of fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment